File a Complaint

Complaint Form and Instructions

Consumer Complaint Form

The Banking Division does not regulate all financial institutions.  Some banks, their subsidiaries, and credit unions are regulated by other government agencies, even though they are headquartered here, or operate branches in Vermont.

Unlicensed Internet Lending Complaint

The Banking Department is working collaboratively with the Office of the Attorney General to identify unlicensed lenders making loans to Vermont residents.  


If you are unsure about the appropriate regulatory authority, contact the Vermont Banking Division at or call (802) 828-3307

Related Links

National Bank and Federal Savings and Loan or Federal Savings Bank (F.S.B.)complaints should be directed to Office of the Comptroller of the Currency


Federal Credit Union complaints should be directed to  National Credit Union Administration.

  • Consumer Line: 1-800-755-1030 (Region 1 - Albany: 1-518-862-7400)
  • Complaint e-mail: