Link to Vermont Statutes
Vermont law is set forth in a set of green books entitled “Vermont Statues Annotated”. The books are similar to an encyclopedia, with each Volume containing one or more Titles. Titles are broken down into Chapters and Sections. They can be found in most public libraries, and are on the Internet at http://legislature.vermont.gov/statutes/
- Banking Law is found primarily in Titles 8 and 9.
- Licensing is found in Title 8, Chapters 73, 79, 83, and 85.
Link to Vermont Banking Regulations
- promulgated by authority of a statute to carry out legislation.
- have the full force and effect of law.
- may include penalties for violations.
Related Link to Tax Department 2016 Interest Rate Memorandum
Link to Vermont Banking Bulletins
- to provide guidance in the interpretation of and compliance with statute.
- deemed to be correct unless found to be clearly erroneous by a court of competent jurisdiction.
Link to Vermont Banking Orders
- decision issued by the commissioner.