Publications & Data
The Banking Division offers a wide range of information and resources for consumers, industry and third parties. Consumer information is provided to enable consumers to make well-informed decisions when managing money and learn ways to avoid becoming the victim of identify theft or a scam. Industry data is provided for analytical and historical purposes, and includes foreclosure filings in Vermont. Other reports and data are made available for individuals interested in analyzing the financial industry in Vermont.
- Basic Checking Account Survey - A quarterly survey that compares checking account services, fees and costs at Vermont banks.
- Basic Saving Account Survey - A quarterly survey of savings account services, fees and costs at Vermont banks.
- Information for Civil Union Partners - A guide to insurance, banking and tax issues.
- Taking Charge: Plan Now for Future Financial Control - A Guide for Vermonters Information about Joint Fiduciary Accounts (an account owned by one person with instructions for how a second person on the account is to use the money); Powers of Attorney; Guardianship; Wills and Trusts
- What You Should Know About Credit Cards - A consumer's guide to choosing a card and understanding the costs and conditions of credit.
Industry Information & Data
- Activity Journals
- Credit Union Reports
- Declared Rate for VT High RateHigh Point Disclosure 2017 (VT Tax Department)
- Declared Rate for VT High Rate/High Point Disclosure History (VT Tax Department)
- Financial Institutions Reports
- Foreclosure Data
- Security Breach Notification Protocols for Banks (FDIC)
- Security Breach Notification Protocols for Others (VT Attorney General)