For the Year Ending: December 31, 2012 (Report Due: March 1, 2013 or May 1, 2013 for HMO only)
Vermont law requires insurance carriers that conduct business in Vermont to submit an annual accurate and complete report of their business. Under 8 V.S.A. § 3561, the Commissioner may require the filing of supplemental information.
If you are an insurance carrier that conducts business in Vermont but are NOT licensed to write and do not carry products in Accident and Health lines of business, then you are NOT required to file the following supplemental report.
Technical Guidance for Submitting the Form:
1) The online reporting form can be used in the following web browsers:
2) For your reference, a page lists the definitions of the categories in the Annual Statement Supplemental Online Form.
3) On the web based form, the enter key acts like the “SUBMIT” button. You must use the tab key or your mouse to navigate through the form before submitting the form. Do not hit the return button before you reach the end otherwise the form will submit before you are done.
4) All field entries in the first three sections must start with a capital letter and must be filled out completely. Otherwise the form will not allow you to submit the information.
5) If you are licensed in Accident and Health Lines of business and do not have any business to report then click the submit button at the bottom of the screen after you have filled out all the necessary contact information. At this point you are finished with the submission process.
5a.) If you are licensed in Accident and Health lines of business in Vermont and do have business to report please see below.
6) When all fields are entered, please double check all entries to make sure they are accurate and in the correct boxes.
7) When you are ready to submit the report click the “SUBMIT” button. You will be notified with a message that the data was submitted and then re-directed to a new page that will allow you to print a copy of the report as submitted. We strongly advise you to print a copy for your records.
8) If you are filing for multiple entities, you must close the browser window that contains the final copy of your report before you can start a new entry. You cannot use the Back Button to begin a new entry/entity.