Consumer Complaints Portal FAQ's
A1. It is an electronic way to register a complaint with the Department of Insurance. You may upload documents to support your complaint and communicate with us online. You must have a valid e-mail address to complete the account registration that will allow you to access the Portal.
A2. When you complete the submission process, a message will appear saying, "Your complaint has been successfully submitted,"and you will be assigned a complaint ID number. You will also be sent a confirmation e-mail to the address on your account. You may log into the Portal and view your complaint submission history, where you will see a list of complaints you submitted using the Portal.
A3. For Portal-submitted complaints, e-mails are sent when there are updates to your complaint that may be viewed on the Portal. All e-mails are sent to the e-mail address you used when you established your Portal account. The following events and activities trigger emails to you:
- A confirmation e-mail when a complaint is set up on the Portal
- The Insurance Consumer Services staff posts a comment for you
- The Insurance Consumer Services staff uploads an electronic document or file to your complaint.
A4. Yes, log into the Portal and check that your complaint is listed. If there is no complaint listed, it means that your complaint did not get saved and you will need to re-enter your complaint again. If your complaint is listed, check your spam filter by searching for our from address: firstname.lastname@example.org [email@example.com]. You may call the Department of Insurance Consumer Services for assistance at 800-964-1784.
- Upload electronic copies to the Portal after you have created an account and submitted your complaint information. (This option is available only if you filed your complaint online).
- Fax documents to: 802-828-1446. (Include complaint ID number)
- Mail documents to : DFR, Insurance Consumer Services, 89 Main Street, Montpelier, VT 05620-3101. (Include complaint ID number)
A6. You should log into the Portal. Your Workspace page will be displayed listing your complaint(s) by number. Beside the complaint, on the right in the action column, there are two links - Comments and Documents. Select the one you are looking for and a list of all documents that have been added to the complaint will appear. Click on the one you wish to review.
A7. There is a link on the Portal login page that allows you to reset it. You will be resent an e-mail from this address: AccountAdmin@sircon.com with instructions on completing the process. You must complete it within 30 minutes,or you will need to repeat the process.
- Must be at least 8 characters
- Must have at least 1 lower case and 1 upper case character
- Must have at least 1 number
- Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx)
- Adobe PDF (.pdf)
- Images (.jpg, .jpeg, .png, .tif, .tiff)
- Microsoft Excel (.xls, .xlsx)
- Powerpoint (.ppt, .pptx)
A11. Within two business days after we receive your written complaint, we will e-mail you acknowledging receipt of your complaint. You will be notified of any correspondence added to the Portal via e-mail.
A12. In most cases, a letter requesting an explanation and a copy of your complaint will be sent to the company or agent. After the company or agent responds, we will determine what further action, if any, we will take.