Insurance Consumer Information

Regarding recent service provider mailings on sewer/water line failures.

If you have received a notice offering protection against sewer or water line failures, it is important to note that the service being offered is not an insurance coverage. The Department of Insurance does not regulate these service providers.   With any warranty or service program consumers should learn what is and is not covered and what exceptions apply.  Consumers are advised to research the offering thoroughly before they purchase it to ensure it is appropriate and suitable for their needs.

Choose a type of insurance from the menu below for information about purchasing insurance or filing claims.

homeowners auto health other
commercial life workers comp