Your best defense against investment scams and sales practice abuse is to become an informed investor. The goal of the Vermont Securities Division's Investor Education Program is to promote financial literacy for Vermonters of all ages. This website contains information to help you:
- Avoid investment scams and fraud
- Choose a qualified professional to guide you
- Understand your investment options
- Provide you with resources on investing basics
- Locate additional resources
DFR's own Bill Carrigan reminds you to Investigate Before You Invest!
If you need further information or would like to host an investor education workshop for your civic group or classroom, please contact our program coordinator, Bill Carrigan, at 802-828-4858 , toll free at 1-877-550-3907, or by email.