A growing number of Vermont Investors are at or near retirement age. Because these "senior investors" are a growing segment of investors, they are often the number one targets of investment con-artists.
The following links contain useful information geared toward the senior investor. If you or someone you know suspects they may have been the subject of an investment scam or fraud aimed at senior investors, contact the Vermont Securities Division, or call 802-828-3420.
- Save and Invest.org - Information and strategies to avoid investment fraud
- Senior Investor Alert - Free Meal Seminar
- Senior Investor Alert - Credentials and Designations
- Fraud Aimed at Older Americans
- Tips For Older Investors
- Become a Free Lunch Seminar Monitor
- Variable Annuities: Beyond the Hard Sell
- NASAA Senior Investor Resource Center